The following criteria will be used in determining the grade a student earns in Computer Science Classes:
| Criteria || Weight|
| Exams, Quizzes and Projects|| 75% - 80%|
| Homework|| 5% - 20% |
| Class Participation|| up to 15%|
| Lab Work|| up to 15%|
- Individual teachers may announce more precise percentage limits in class.
- A minimum of two announced full period exams or their equivalent will be given each marking period.
- Quizzes may be announced or unannounced, may last no more than 10 minutes, and be weighted as no more than 20% of one exam.
- Projects are multi day assignments where students will be expected to develop both at home and in class. They can be weighted as an exam.
- Mini projects are projects of a short duration (two to three days). They can be weighted at up to 20% of one exam.
- Lab work includes time allotted to work on assigned projects in the computer lab
- Students who are medically excused (absent) on test days must have their parent call the school switchboard at (212) 312-4800 (after 8:00 AM) to leave a message for the students teacher informing them of their child's illness. Parents are asked to leave a contact phone number for verification.
- The final exam shall be weighted as no more than two exams.
- Students found to be cutting on the date of an exam will receive a score of 0 on the exam.
- Students found plagiarizing some or all of a project or otherwise caught cheating on an exam, project, mini project, or quiz, will receive a grade of 0 for the assignment.