Quiz + HW
Someone suggested that this makes sense:
Warrior / Jock (Strong but average other stats)
Wizard / Teacher (smart but average other stats)
Rogue / Nerd (agile, but average other stats)
You don't have to modify them if you don't want to, but it makes the descriptions sensible.
Use your HW12 to write a class Game.java as follows:
1. Allow the user to choose what kind of actor they are.
2. The program makes an opponent (optionally choose the opponent randomly)
3. The Combat starts and continues until either the player or opponent have no HP left OR the player quits.
3a. The player chooses:
Attack , SpecialAttack, Defend, Quit
3b. The opponent chooses the same (except they cannot quit)
3c. Both attacks are made (or quit is triggered)
3d. Go back to 3a.
4. In order for this to work you need to modify attack / special attack to damage the opponent.
4a. Make attack/Special attack take an actor as a parameter.
4b. Make the methods reduce the HP or the target actor, and print out better text using that Actor's name.
_____________Up To This Point should be able to be completed by tomorrow______________________
5. Special attacks should reduce the specialResource of the actor. (mana rage etc)
5b. Special attacks should fail if not enough resources exist.
6. Special Resources need a maxValue and a currentValue. This way if you lose resources, you know how much can be replenished.
7. Special Resources act differently:
7a. Rage starts at 0, and gets higher when you take damage.(but not more than the maxValue)
7b. Mana starts at maxValue, and gets higher when you defend (but not more than the maxValue)
7c. We need a different mechanic for Agile opponents. This document will be revised with a working analogy and System.