posted Oct 13, 2016, 7:44 PM by JonAlf Dyrland-Weaver
- Read data from two CSV files --- one containing students and their IDs, another linking said IDs to the students' current grades in some courses --- and create a database whose table structure mimics that of the CSV files.
- TASK the Foist: Familiarize yourself with Python's CSV module, specifically its DictReader() method, as it will greatly expedite your work going forward. (If you are already familiar, do your team a solid and lead a tutorial.)
- For some sample code to get you going, see csv_tester.py
- TASK the Second: Familiarize yourself with the contents of the two provided CSV files.
- TASK the Toid: Write db_builder.py, which will
- create a new SQLite database
- utilize csv.DictReader() to read each provided CSV file
- create a table for each
- populate each table
- Save your work in a new repo, linked under the db1 folder as TeamName_LastF-MastF-NastF
- It may be helpful during development to delete your db file between runs.
- Read through the db_builder skeleton AS A TEAM, and talk it over BEFORE you begin making it your own...
- Use the sqlite shell to test out SQL commands before baking them into your Python script.