posted Nov 30, 2016, 7:15 AM by JonAlf Dyrland-Weaver
updated Dec 14, 2016, 8:25 AM
FULL POJECT DEADLINE: 8am Monday Morning 12/12
- Design Document
- Readme (see below)
- API Key file (to be emailed)
- Separate file listing changes between the design document and the finished product.
- All necessary code file
With your team, select 2 (or more) REST APIs and use them to create a novel website of our design.
- You must continue to use flask as your backend driver.
- Use multiple python files as needed.
- You must use a css framework, most likely bootstrap or foundation (it doesn't make sense to learn a new one).
- You must provide your own css customization.
- If you're looking for REST APIs, try this list made by you and your peers! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQPjR2xmB1uUKf2sKppubAE8NlCqB_InpF_BNcgfaUI_yFG10RICOtbEMicO-l_KkYqOxyr-roSMY4C/pubhtml?gid=119716304&single=true
- You will need a DEVLOG for this project.
- The purpose of the devlog is so that any group member can see what the current state of the project is.
- The devlog should be a plain text file that can be easily edited.
- PM will make sure devlog is being maintained, but will not make all entries.
- When any team member stops working and pushes changes to github, they should update the devlog explaining what changes have been made. Include any errors/bugs discovered (or created).
- Separate devlog entries with newlines, put the latest entries on the bottom
- Each line should begin with the following format:
firstL -- TIMESTAMP\n
jonalfD -- 2016-12-04 14:32
IMPORTANT: API KEY SUBMISSION
- Do not make your API keys publicly available
- Put all your keys in a single text file located at the root of your app directory
- DO NOT ADD THIS FILE TO GITHUB
- When the project is due, I will send an email to the class mailing list requesting API keys. Each project manager will reply to that email and attach their API key file.
- Modify the README.md file in your groups github repository to contain the following information
- Any specific installation instructions if required. Including necessary modules that have not been discussed in class.
- What your site is supposed to do.
- How to use your site
DESIGN DOCUMENT DEADLINE: 8am Monday MORNING 12/5
- Create a design document for the project.
- Include a timeline for your project with incremental deadlines.
- Include a component map, site map and database schema (if applicable), as well as any necessary supporting documentation.
- Divide the tasks among your group members. Include a "Project Manager"
- The Project Manager cannot have held that role for Project 0
- Project manager should also have coding tasks, but will also make sure the group is consistently moving together.
- Project manager should make certain the design document is coherent and that the group is adhering to the agreed design.
- If changes need to be made to the design, project manager should be informed.
- There will be a summary document at the end of the project created by the group, but the project manager will have certain duties pertaining to that document as well.
- Create a pdf titled DESIGN.pdf in the upgraded-parakeet repository.
Design Document Rubric
- database schema (if applicable, 0 - 1)
- task delegation (0 - 1)
- site map (0 - 3)
- component map (0 - 3)
- component description (0 - 5)