posted Mar 23, 2017, 6:48 AM by JonAlf Dyrland-Weaver
Your task is to chose an interesting data set and provide a good visual representation of that data.
- The project must involve interacting with data that changes over some independent variable (for example time or income), and you must have at least 20 independent variable intervals to work with. The interval can be whatever works with your data (seconds, months, millennia, dollars, trillions…)
- You should tell a story with your data, numbers are boring, bring them to life. We’ve spent the first marking period talking a lot about front-end graphical tools. Use the canvas, or svg, or both. You can use d3 with either of those technologies.
- You will have to use d3 and one of canvas or svg. You may use both if you’d like.
- Remember that d3 can be used to change many different attributes, not just size. Think about using other visual elements like position and color as well.
- There will be more technical requirements later.
Here are some useful links as you move forward: