48. Due Wed. 1/11 - Review Labs/FooSet: Concentration.java and Board.java
47. Due Tues. 1/10 - Review Labs/FooSet : FooSet.java, Tile.java, Concentration.java.
- Complete Board.java.
46. Due Mon. 1/9 - Review Hadamard.java
- Complete Labs/FooSet.
45. Due Thurs. 1/5 - Reveiw Encryptor.java
- Complete Labs/Hadamard
44. Due Wed. 1/4 - Review MatrixMult.java
- Complete Labs/Encryptor
43. Due Fri. 12/23 - 1. Write the function to add 2 MxN matrices.
// precondition: a[ ] [ ] and b[ ] [ ] have the same dimensions.
// postcondition: NO SIDE EFFECTS are produced.
public static int[ ][ ] add (int [ ] [ ] a, int [ ] [ ] b)
2. Use big O notation to classify the expected runtime of this algorithm
3. Use big O notation to classify the additional memory required of this algorithm.
4. Write the function row(int[ ] [ ] a, int n) that returns a copy of the nth row of a.
5. Write the function column(int [ ] [ ], int n ) the returns a copy of the nth column of a.
6. Classify both of these functions using big O notation.
42. Due Thurs. 12/22 - Review Lab/SortTest
- Write code to swap column 0 and column 1 of 5 X 3 matrix represented by a[ ] [ ].
41. Due Wed. 12/21 - Review Lab/SortTest
- Add the class InsertionSort as a subclass to the Sort Class.
- Test the InsertSort in the SortStats.java and SortTrialRuns.java.
- Identify the best case performance for the bubble sort.
Then classify the performance as either "constant" O(1), "linear" O(n), or "quadratic" O(n*n).
40. Due Tues. 12/20 - Review Lab/PostalBarCode/BarCode.java
39. Due Thurs. 12/5 - Exam 12/16
- Complete the sinkMax() and bubbleSort() methods in Labs/Sorts/Sorts.java
38. Due Wed. 12/14 - Exam 12/16
- Review Labs/Sorts/Sorts.java
- Given [12,3,5,23,1,2] show the order of this data after each pass of both the selection and insertion sort.
- Compute the number of comparisons and swaps of each sort.
37. Due Tues. 12/13 - Exam 12/16 Topics: Linear Search, Binary Search, Selection Sort, Insertion Sort, Bubble Sort, Comparable interface.
- Review Lab/DataAnalysis/Histogram.
- Complete the method selectionSort() found in Labs/Sorts/Sorts.java
36. Due Mon. 12/12 - Exam 12/16
- Complete Lab/DataAnalysis.
35. Due Fri., 12/08 - Complete the GuessingGame found in Lab/Searches.
34. Due Mon. 12/05 - Correct Exams
33. Due Fri. 12/02 - Review the Ecosystem Lab.
- Complete the InterfaceLab01 - skip part (g).
32. Due Thurs. 12/01 - review the Interface Lesson, and the Ecosystem Lab.
- implement the move method for the Fish described below.
A Fish randomly moves either 0,1, or 2 spaces
either to its left or right provided the location is unoccupied and within the river. If a Fish is attempts to move
to a location outside of the river or the location is occupied then the Fish stays where it is.
- Implement the move method for a Bear. A Bear's movement is similar to a Fish except it can only move to
a random unoccupied adjacent location.
- In the Ecosystem class, implement the step method. The step method asks each animal to move.
31. Due Wed. 11/23 Exam
- Exam Topics
- Study exam 1 and 2
- Converting from integers to binary, octal and hexadecimal
- Converting from binary, octal and hexadecimal to integer
- Inheritance, Abstract class: MyNumber (Lab)
- Overloading methods
- Overriding methods
- Simple arrays
- mathematical functions, functions that produce side effects
30. Due Tues. 11/22 - Exam 11/23
- Complete exercises 1 and 2 in Lessons/LessonEquality
29. Due Fri. 11/18 - Exam 11/23
- Review the classes MyNumber, Binary, Octal, HexaDecimal and NumberApp.
- Complete parts 1, 2(a) and 2(b) in Lessons/ArrayTools.
- Test the ArrayTools.
28. Due Thurs. 11/17 - Exam 11/23
- In Lab/MyNumber complete the convert method of the MyNumber class, and implement the classes Octal and Hexadecimal.
- Test your code.
27. Due. Wed. 11/16 - Exam 11/ 23
- complete hw9.txt.
26. Due Tues. 11/15 - Exam 11/23
- Finish StatQues.txt.
25. Due Mon. 11/14 - Review PersonApp.java from Lab/Inheritance.
- Complete questions 1-3 in StatQues.txt from Lab/ApStats
- Correct your exam.
24. Due Thurs. 11/10 - Review the Person, Student and Staff classes found in the Lab/Inheritance folder.
- Complete the questions in PersonApp.java.
23. Due Wed. 11/09 - Complete the Inheritance Lab in the Labs Folder.
22. Due Thurs. 11/03 - Exam#3 - 11/04
- Review StringTest.java, NumberBase.java, Coin.java and CoinStats.java
- Complete Questions 1 - 3 in CoinStats.java.
21. Due Wed. 11/02 - Exam#3 - 11/04
- In the Source folder, implement the following methods:
a. binaryToInt(String) from NumberBase.java
b. sortChars(String) from StringTest.java
20. Due Fri. 10/28 - Exam#3 - 11/04
- Review StringTest.java.
- Complete Questions 4 and 5 described in the StringTest Class
19. Due. Thurs., 10/27 - Review StringTest.java from the Source Folder.
- Implement and test the methods occurs(String,String), firstPos(String, String), and lastPos(String, String) found in StringTest.java.
18. Due Wed., 10/26 - Review CheckerBoard.java from the Source Folder.
- Complete hw08.txt
17. Due Fri., 10/21 - Read section 7.1 int Think Java. From the Source Folder , review DaysInMonth.java, FencePosts.java and FizzBuzz.java.
Complete the FizzBuzz program.
16. Due Thurs., 10/20 - Review Quad.java and complete DaysInMonth.java ( Source Folder)
15. Due Wed. 10/19 - Complete Quad.java.
- Read sections 5.3, 5.4, 5.5 in Think Java.
14. Due Thurs. 10/13 - Review SnowCartoon.java and SnowMan.java .
- Read sections 5.1 and 5.2 in Think Java.
13. Due Tues. 10/11 - Review SnowCartoon versions 1 and 2 in the Source Folder.
- Add the following capabilities (via methods) to the SnowMan.
1. public void setLocation(int x, int y)
2. public void setOutline(Color c, int thickness)
* the outline of the snow man is set to Color c.
* the thickness of the outline is set to thickness
12. Due Thurs. 10/06 - Review SunCartoon.java located in the Source Folder. Draw a UML diagram for SunCartoon.java.
11. Due Wed. 10/05 - complete hw07.
10. Due Fri. 9/30 - complete hw06.
9. Due Thurs. 9/29 - see hw05.xt listed below.
8. Due Wed. 9/28 - read Chap. 4 in ThinkJava. Complete the exercises at the end of the chapter.
7. Due Tues. 9/27 - hw04.txt
6. Due Wed. 9/21 - Read Chap. 3 in ThinkJava
- exam 9/23
- complete ModDemo.java
5. Due Tues. 9/20 - Review MinCoins.java
- Complete hw04.txt.
4. Due Mon. 9/19 - read chap. 2 in ThinkJava
- review FibonacciWordArgs.java, FibonacciWordPrompt.java, and IntOps.java.
3. Due Fri. 9/16 - review the code FibonnacciWord.java.
- Complete the problems in hw03.txt2. Due Wed. 9/14 - review the files: Initials.java and Face.java located in the Source Directory.
1. Due Tues. 9/13 - read the first chapter in ThinkJava. Review the code in the Source Directory.